Sunday, April 7, 2013

It has been a really long time since I posted anything here but for 2013 I have started several projects that hopefully will give me something to share with other people.
  • Sketchbook Project - I've already signed up for a few projects. Right now I'm working on my first full sketchbook ("How-To Tour") that will become digitized at the Brooklyn Art Library's web site, go on a trip including my hometown (assuming I postmark it by 5/14!), and finally find its new home at the library in Brooklyn. I'm posting pictures of some of my pages today, but I'm still adding touches here and there and have about 12 more pages to go.
  • 21 Secrets - I'm currently attending a collection of 21 fabulous art journaling classes hosted online by Dirty Footprints Studio. I've been watching a lot of videos and getting a lot of ideas, but haven't started journaling in earnest yet because I'm pouring all of those ideas into the sketchbook that I'm working on (above). It's not too late to sign up if you're interested - these classes will be available until January 2014. But don't wait until the last minute - there's SOOO much here that you need to give yourself plenty of time!
  • Once my first sketchbook is finished, I've also signed up for "A Million Little Photos" (AMLP) due 8/1, "1703 Miles and Back" due 8/14, and the 2014 Southwest tour due 1/15/2014. With the exception of AMLP, which is a camera project, the rest are sketchbooks. I'm hoping to put even more of 21 Secrets into my second and third sketchbooks!

[[ PICTURES REMOVED -- REPLACED WITH FINALS IN 4/28 POST ]]